Nashville offers ready access to kosher food, particularly within three miles of Congregation Sherith Israel.
Several grocery stores carry fresh kosher poultry and meats including Kroger of Belle Meade, Traders Joes, and Whole Foods (poultry only). In addition, Kroger of Belle Meade has an extensive Kosher section. Nashville has two kosher restaurants under our Hashgacha (NKC).
Grins (www.bongojava.com/grins) is the kosher vegetarian café located at Vanderbilt Hillel serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is open during Vanderbilt's academic year and free parking is available. Nashville Kashrut Commission NKC (Cholov Stam)
AVO (eatavo.com) is a popular kosher vegan restaurant located in midtown. Open weekdays and Sundays for brunch. Many items available for delivery via the Door Dash app. NKC (Nashville Kosher Commission). Pareve.
HOLY SMOKES KOSHER:
Kosher fleishig food truck on the Vanderbilt Campus featuring a variety of sandwiches. Open 12-1:30, 5-7:30 M-Th, and 12-2 on Sundays, during the school semester. Available for delivery via the Uber Eats app. Call (520) 425-6411 or check out Holysmokeskosher.org
Fresh, innovative Indian cuisine at moderate prices, along with an extensive selection of south and north Indian dishes. Kosher Dairy, NKC.
SUCCULANT VEGAN TACOS:
Located at the Farmers Market, Vegan Tacos, open for lunch daily. (Nashville Kosher Commission). Pareve.
Meat, Chicken, Cheese and Other Kosher-Certified Grocery Items:
- Kroger’s in Belle Meade carries fresh kosher chicken, meat, cheese and dairy products and a large line of specialty kosher goods and wines.
- Whole Foods in Green Hills carries fresh kosher chicken and ground turkey as well as certified cheeses and fresh challah.
- Trader Joe’s in Green Hills carries fresh kosher poultry, meat, and challah. TJ's also stocks kosher wines.
- Kroger’s in Green Hills carries kosher cheese as well as specialty kosher goods and kosher wines. However, the selection is wider at the Belle Meade Kroger’s.
- Griller’s Pride (www.grillerspride.com), based in Atlanta, has an extensive array of frozen kosher meat, chicken, and prepared foods and delivers to Nashville approximately every 5-6 weeks. Overnight special delivery can also be arranged. Griller’s Pride also offers extensive Kosher-for-Passover items in season.
- Grow and Behold (www.growandbehold.com), based in New Jersey, has an extensive array of premium kosher beef, veal, lamb, poultry and cheeses. There is a Buying Club in Nashville that receives delivery approximately every six weeks.
- Nothing Bundt Cakes, located on White Bridge Road, offers kosher dairy bundt cakes. NKC
- Pralines by Leon (downtown Nashville) - NKC
- Krispy Kreme Doughnut Shop on Thompson Lane - Certified Kosher from Dec 1 - Jan 1 NKC
Kosher Wines & Liqueurs
Kosher wines are available at many local liquor stores, most notably:
- The Wine Chap (Belle Meade, next to Publix)
- Red (Bellevue)
- Grand Cru (Sylvan Park)
- The Wine Shoppe at Green Hills (Grace's Plaza, between Trader Joe's and Whole Foods)
- Sova/Take-Away Caterers (www.sovafood.com) regularly caters events out of the Sherith Israel kitchens under Rabbi Strosberg's supervision.
- Goldie Shepard (615-305-9438) caters Shabbat dinners and Passover meals for Vanderbilt Hillel and caters events out of the Sherith Israel kitchens under Rabbi Strosberg's supervision.
Kosher Hotel (or Hospital) Meals
- Sova Caterers prepares kosher meals using the Sherith Israel kitchens under Rabbi Strosberg’s supervision that can be served at hotels or restaurants with a week lead time.
- Hospital Meals: Contact Rabbi Strosberg to arrange kosher meals during a stay at any of the area hospitals.